Learn from the Weight Watchers program. 6 Ways to Get What You Want With Your Personal Finances
1. The point system keeps you in check and provides flexibility. You can eat some foods that you love just as long as you don't go over the allotted points per day.
Develop a saving and spending plan that will give you some wiggle room when it comes to budgeting your personal finances. But there does need to be a limit set based how much you can spend today, so there is money set aside for tomorrow.
2. The weight loss meetings provide accountability, support, and a safe place for people to receive coaching. People can share confidential feelings about their weight and overall struggles with dieting.
Hire a financial planner to give you the education, guidance, and support so that you can try to get what you really want in your financial life. A financial planner can also facilitate a way for you and your spouse to be on the same page when it comes to your personal finances and talking about money. A unique and confidential bond with your financial planner can create an environment to express concerns and work through issues toward your goals of long term success.
3. Losing weight takes time and doesn't happen overnight. People who lose weight on Weight Watchers are committed and usually make progress with their dieting every few weeks. Moreover, a change in behavior over the long term keeps the weight off.
Making money in your portfolio usually doesn't happen overnight. It takes time. Study the laws of compounding interest.
4. Once people get started on Weight Watchers, they begin to feel better about themselves because they are taking control of their lives.
Many of us struggle on the inside when it comes to dealing with our finances. We don't know where to start and afraid to take the first step. Take baby steps when planning your personal finances. Do a little bit every month. You'll look back and say: Geez! Look how far I've come! Just like there is a leader at the local Weight Watchers branch, hire a financial planner to be your coach.
5. Dietary Programs can be customized for people based on their individualized needs, so they can eat what they like, when they like it, and also eat what is right for their body.
You are unique, different and have your own special sauce. You could be an entrepreneur, a single mom, married with kids, or retired. Develop a financial plan that works for you based on your own circumstances.
6. The Weight Watchers website is user friendly, has many resources for their clients, and provides information that lets their clients learn about dieting.
Some of the most common things I hear is: "I wish I new more about financial planning." Or, "I want to make decisions and get advice on what's right for me."
Educate yourself. Find newsletters, magazine articles, and websites where you can go and begin to learn on about all of this money stuff!
This article is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as individual investment advice.